Do moral philosophers work like this:
1. I have a Wish to see a certain form of society.
2. I must now think of a Reason why everybody should
work to create this form of society.
3. Got it!
4. In order to make my Reason compelling, I will now claim
that the Reason pre-dates my Wish.
5. My Wish is now the product of the pre-existing Reason.
6. All persons of Reason will share my Wish and work to
create the form of society designed by my Wish.
Read another response by Kalynne Pudner, Alexander George, Douglas Burnham
Read another response about Ethics, Rationality