I've taught philosophy 40 years, studied it voraciously since I was a kid. One

I've taught philosophy 40 years, studied it voraciously since I was a kid. One question-Why have philosophers (as far as I can see) ignored the overwhelmingly verified truth that 1. Humans are a fleeting contingency existing . 000000000023 persent of the four billion year year history of life on earth; we have existed one thousandth as long as the dinosaurs. 2. That our minuscule existence is the result of thousands of improbable and bizarre impossible "happenings" from the Big Bang to Trump's last cheeseburger. And most important 3. That our precious human experiment has-can we any longer ignore our most truthful oracles?-about 80-90 years remaining before our Philosophy sanctum sanctoriums are too wet, gaseous, and riddled with coughing. The soul of philosophy is and always was death. Socrates, Hypathia, Bruno--no? Given the fact- barring a miracle- that our students and their Children are actually going to confront death- in the living flesh, not in our textbook- DOESN'T THIS MEAN WE NEED TO TEACH OUR STUDENTS DiFFERENTLY? WRONG. DOES THIS MEAN WE NEED TO STOP BEING TEACHERS AND START BEING HUMAN BEINGS SHARING THE ONE TRUTH PHILOSOPHY IS ABOUT-- HUMILITY THROUGH DEATH? a

Read another response about Philosophy, Death